Sunday, July 29, 2012

Good Book, Andersen pens another delightful novel



I love Susan Andersen and I love anything she writes. That Thing Called Love as a whole is wonderful. It contains all the elements that I look for in a contemporary romance novel. Jake was little more than a kid himself when he became a dad. Sure, he'd dreamed of escaping the resort town, but he’d also truly believed that Austin was better off with his grandparents. Now he wants no, needs to make up for his mistake. He intends to stay in Razor Bay only until he can convince Austin to return with him to New York. Trouble is, with sexy, protective, utterly irresistible Jenny in his life, and his bed, he may never want to leave Jake is a nice guy and Jenny is one strong woman after overcoming various obstacles in her life. However I felt like there was not enough interaction between Jake and his son Austin. I also had issue with Austin being fourteen with a mouth of someone much older. There is great chemistry between Jenny and Jake builds quickly and it’s fun to watch as these two come together.  I enjoyed this book; I just I just wish, I had felt the connection between father and son......Otherwise a very good romance indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I've had Susan Anderson on my to read list for a long time. That's a shame about the father/son connection not quite working but sounds like a pretty good read otherwise.

    I think I'll try to get one of her books in this month :)

    Anna@herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete