Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wow What a Keeper



When "Life Coach to the Stars" Jocelyn Bloom is embroiled in scandal, the only place she can hide is the one place she wishes she could forget. She left Barefoot Bay and the boy next door who knew all her secrets years ago. Now nothing about the tiny island off the coast of Florida is quite how she remembers it, especially Will Palmer.
There is nothing bad that I can say about Barefoot in the Rain, the second book in Roxanne St. Claire’s Barefoot Bay series. I loved every minute of it. The characters are extremely likeable and the story flows well.  I will also add that there are not many books that can make me cry, but this one tugs at your emotions.  Just the prologue alone will grab your heart and rip it apart and the emotions just keep rolling along.  With every page that is turned one cannot help but fall in love with Jocelyn and Will.
I have been a Roxanne St. Claire reader for years, and the Barefoot Bay series is so completely different from her Bullet Catchers in that there is a lot more heart and soul written into the pages of these books. Barefoot in the Rain is one of those books that will stick with you for a very long time. If you were to read just one romance this year be sure not to miss Barefoot in the Rain.


2 comments:

  1. Misty, you hit the nail right on the head. Barefoot in the Rain is one of those books that you will never forget. Just even seeing the title and thinking about the characters make me tear up. It has quite the emotional impact, and that Prologue nearly killed me. I believe I need to invest in stock with Puffs Plus. Rocki has done a wonderful job with this new series.

    Peace and love,
    Paula R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rocki's work, always have. I think most of her books nail it on the head.

      Delete